The piece of Brazil I miss the most: Black beans with calabrese sausage. It’s probably the most common dish in Brazil, your everyday food. It is so tasty, but you need a pressure cooker to cook it.
- 500g, cooked in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes (refilling with water every 20 minutes or so). NOTE: Do not add salt while cooking, just water;
- Once cooked, fry about 200g of calabrese or chorizo sausage on garlic and olive oil;
- Add about 200g of cooked beans (freeze the rest) to the fried sausage and bring it to boil and leave on low heat for a few minutes. Add water if it is too thick and salt to taste.
- Fry about 300g of mushroom on butter, garlic and one vegetable stock cube;
- Once the mushroom is fried, add the rice and braise for a couple of minutes, add salt to taste;
- Add boiling water, cover and turn down the fire. Once the water boils off, the rice will be cooked. If not, add a little more water… and it’s done! Note: This rice in not brazilian… it is just a tasty way to cook rice!