And now…… in english!
It’s a bit of a long story, which I will make short… One of my housemates found £140 in our guest bedroom and after asking around if we could find the owner, noone came forth, so we decided to split the money! So, i treated myself to a very nice meal! Uhuuuu!
Rice a Piemontese:
- 1 mug of white basmati rice;
- 1 mug of water;
- 1 mug of milk;
- 1 mug of single cream;
- 1 large onion;
- 1 tablespoon full of butter;
- Garlic to taste (the more, the better in my opinion);
- Salt to taste;
- 120g of mozzarella cheese;
- 120g of grated parmigiano-reggiano.
- Place the water and milk in a sauce pan and bring it to boil;
- Fry the onion and the garlic with the butter in a pan (don’t do it in a frying pan!);
- After the onion is fried, add the rice and salt and mix a little;
- Add the water and milk to the rice and leave it to cook for about 20 minutes. If it dries and the rice is still not cooked, add a little more milk;
- After the rice is ready, place it in a glass over dish;
- Add the mozzarella and the cream to the rice and mix very well;
- Add the parmesan on top and place it in the over until the cheese is brown.
Now, for the beef a parmigiana;
- One steak per person, this recipe is for two steaks;
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped and seedless;
- Chopped mushrooms (another thing that, the more, the better!);
- 1 large onion, chopped;
- 1 beef stock cube;
- 1 tablespoon with of tomato extract;
- A little chopped bacon;
- 1 garlic clove in pasted in salt;
- Salt and garlic to taste (for the sauce)
- 60g of parmesan cheese, grated;
- Season the beef with the salt/garlic paste and fry it on olive oil, in low heat;
- While the beef is getting ready, fry the bacon, onion and the mushrooms in a sauce pan with the stock cube and add the tomato;
- Mix well until the stick cube dissolves and simmer it;
- Add the tomato extract, salt and garlic to taste;
- Leave it in low heat until the desirable consistency is achieved;
- In an oven dish, place the beef, a layer of sauce and a layer of parmesan cheese;
- Add some oregano on top and put it in the oven until the cheese melts.
And it’s ready!!! ENJOY!!! Eat it with some salad! It is really good!