A few months ago, after several posts on cakes and some other foods, a friend of mine complained that my food was biased. One of the bliss of having a lot of friends is the variety of food you get to cook them. Celiac, Wheat-Intolerant, Diabetics… well, what condition you may have, doesn’t mean you should be allowed to eat some tasty food.
Having diabetes as a constant threat on my health, as several members of my family have it, birthdays always needed to reach a common ground, in which everyone would be able to have anything on the table. Well, this gave us the opportunity to get creative and, now, I try to vary the recipes with no sugar at all. Some fat, reduced carbs, of course.
- 500g of mince meat
- Some bacon
- Butter, garlic and salt to taste
- Boil the potato for the mash
- Using the mince, bacon and onions, make two 300g burgers approximately 15cm in diameter, but this is up to you!
- Bake the burgers in the oven for 50 minutes, wrapped in foil
- For the sauce, deseed and chop fresh tomatoes and simmer in low heat with the mushrooms added.
- Place one burger over a plate, add a layer of cheese and sauce, place the other burger on top carefully and “ice” it with mash potatoes.
Next step is to make a recipe for everyone. No diet restrictions, nothing! A different and tasty meal that can be enjoyed by all!