A while back, I was going through a bit of an insomniac phase, but this, somewhat, worked in my favour, as I had loads of time to cook! My insomnia stromboli is a piece of delicious outcome from a not so very nice condition! I really hope someone tries the recipe, because it is very good! Very, veeeery good!
Most of the recipe is up to you! I did this the way I live! Feel free to add more of everything if you want!
- 300g of wholemeal strong flour
- 120ml of luke warm water
- 100g of sourdough starter
- 130g of Mozzarella
- 70g of mature cheddar
- 8 slices of jamon iberico
- Tomato Sauce (I made my tomato sauce from scratch, so I won’t bore you with the details… do it however you want!)
- Mix the flour, water and sourdough started and knead until smooth. Leave it resting overnight until at least double the size. As you may know, sourdough takes a long time to raise;
- Roll out the raised dough. Leave it about 1cm thick;
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough, as in pizza;
- Spread out the mozzarella, the grated cheddar and the jamon evenly and in layers. Leave a 2cm edge around the dough;
- Roll up the dough and fold in the ends;
- Leave the stromboli resting for a few hours to rest in a warm place. This will further raise the dough;
- Place on a well oiled baking tray and bake for 20 mins on a pre-heated oven at 210C/mark 7.
Well, enjoy!!! It is very good to have with coffee!